Thursday, July 21, 2011

Breaking bad with Bjork. But in a good way.

Two of my favourite things have returned at the perfect time for the ultimate distraction from real life: Bjork and Breaking Bad.


First up, Breaking Bad. Whoa!  What a great first episode. It's been a long time coming and I must say I loved the first helping and can't wait to see what unfolds in this fourth season. I won't give anything away at all. But it's a ripper. If you're a fan, get onto it ASAP! If you have no idea what I'm talking about, get to a store and buy the first three seasons now.

Secondly, Bjork. I have been a massive fan of the Icelandic songstress for decades. Her concert at Sydney Opera House in January 2008 was out of this world and one of my favourite concerts of all time. I still get chills when I think about that night: the lights, the lasers, the costumes, the wild dancing, the harbour backdrop, her incredible performance. Truly spectacular. She's not to everyone's taste, but she's certainly mine. So I am loving her new single.


There's no official video as yet, but I'm sure when it's released, it's going to be amazing. Michel Gondry is directing. Say no more. Her album Biophilia drops in September and she's going about it in a very post-modern multimedia way: she's designed an app for each single for an interactive experience between visuals and music. Such a cool idea. Download the app for free here.


No comments:

Post a Comment