Thursday, June 30, 2011

A weekend in Hong Kong with a new camera

I was recently in Hong Kong for a few days, tagging along on another business trip. With Shanghai prices higher due to luxury taxes, I took the opportunity to buy a new camera. I've had an SLR in the past and while I love the pics, I find the camera too damn heavy to take anywhere, so I always left it behind in favour of a point and shoot. 

There is sooooo much choice now when it comes to cameras (point and shoots, micro four thirds, DSLRs) and after much research and indecision, I settled on a Sony NEX-5. I initially wanted the Olympus Pen EPL-2 or the Panasonic Lumix GF2, but in the end, the Sony NEX-5 won me over with its usability and intuitive menus. By the time I charged up the battery, I only really had a day to give the kit lenses a whirl, so I'm looking forward to buying more lenses and seeing what this puppy can really do. Here's some snaps I took in our last day in Sheung Wan, Mid-Levels and Hollywood Road.















I'll do another post soon on all the yummy food we ate! With pics.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment