Friday, October 14, 2011

The most-asked question of the last few months...


Q: "What are you having?"
A: "A baby I hope"

I was surprised when my obstetrician said the other day that she estimates 80% of people now find out the sex of their child ahead of the delivery. That statistic did get me thinking for a minute, but I'm happy with our decision not to find out what we're having. There are so few true positive surprises left in this world that I'm going to wait for a delivery surprise. Sure, it would be easier to know now what kind of clothes to buy for the baby, but I figure I'll have a lifetime of shopping so I should enjoy the anticipation. And let's face it: I'll be happy with whatever I have. There are only two possibilities -- and either is good with me.

And I suppose if I really want to wind my husband up, I could add this response to my repertoire:

Q: "What are you having?"
A: "A Wallaby not a Springbok"

No comments:

Post a Comment