Friday, April 22, 2011

I just don't get this look

This was Sophie Monk yesterday at a media awards night. She's 31 years old.


I remember when she first found fame; it was on one of the first reality TV programmes, Popstars, the search for an all-female pop group. I can even recall her audition. She was so fresh-faced and naturally pretty. She also had a fun personality and some actual singing talent. But then came Hollywood. And lip injections and god knows what else. 

Sophie Monk (about 10 years ago)
Is this what what we're now classifying as "beauty"?

Courteney Cox is another one that bothers me. She always struck me as a pretty smart cookie. But in the past few years, it's like her face belongs in a wax museum. It's always the same taut expression.

 

Kylie Minogue and Nicole Kidman are the other main offenders. Attractive women who've gone overboard in chasing the fountain of youth. Who are they fooling?



And then there's the Real Housewives of Orange County -- the land of the whippet thin, duck-lipped, big-breasted, bleach-blond Barbie doll reality TV star. And if you think it's scary in a still photo, try watching them in action in high-definition*. Absolutely nothing moves.




* Don't go thinking I hate this show. It's utter trash but I absolutely love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment