Tuesday, April 26, 2011

My favourite things of the week

I finally finished unpacking some of our books onto our new Sean Yoo book cases. Don't you just love them. We bought them from a furniture store on Anfu Lu called Casa Casa. They almost turn the books themselves into pieces of art. I haven't hung our Kozyndan art just yet and we still need to buy a comfy reading chair, but this is the start of our "reading nook". And I love my Have You Met Miss Jones bone china converse sneakers (thanks JJ!). 

And yes, more pics of the apartment soon. We're waiting on our new walnut dining table to arrive...


Now that the weather is getting warmer and warmer each day, there's nothing like a cheeky Hoegarden with a slice of lemon on a Sunday afternoon...



We also finally got around to watching Banksy's documentary Exit Through the Gift Shop.  It's an interesting commentary on the old chestnut "what is art?" and where do art and commerce meet. And you've gotta love the protagonist, Thiery Guetta, aka "Mr Brainwash".  Is he for real or an elaborate prank?

Loved the quote from Banksy: "it was at that point that I realized that maybe Thierry wasn't actually a filmmaker, and he was maybe just someone with mental problems who happened to have a camera."



We've also been enjoying watching the first season of HBO's drama Boardwalk Empire. I'm not sure if I'm loving it, but I'm warming up to it more and more with each episode.


Michael Pitt is the standout for me as Jimmy Darmody.


And I love seeing The Wire's Michael Kenneth Williams back on my screens. This time as Chalky White. But it really does make me miss Omar!


And finally, my beloved Queensland Reds pulled off a victory against the NSW Waratahs. As a fan, it was a pretty stressful match to watch, particularly all those scrums (and Ben Daley's broken nose!).  It's always a much anticipated clash and more often than not is an ugly game to watch.  But I enjoyed this one. Mainly because we won!! Although I was very sad to see Drew Mitchell get injured and get ruled out of action for the World Cup. He's one of my favourite players to watch, so it's a big blow for the Wallabies.


And talking of the Wallabies. Here's my favourite supporter in all his rugby gear. Go Oscar!


No comments:

Post a Comment