Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Step by Step: roasted vegie salad

I'm loving my organic vegies lately. They're just so damn tasty. And they're good for my growing baby. Best of all: they really don't require all that much work to deliver a tasty meal. Here's an idea for a quick lunch/dinner.


STEP ONE ("We can have lots of fun!" Go NKOTB)
Pre-heat the oven to about 180°CChop up the vegetables roughly (this will take about five minutes, tops). I've used pumpkin, red onion, zucchini, carrots and whole garlic pieces, but you can use whatever you like. Normally I leave the pumpkin skin on, but today the skin was a bit too dirty so I chopped it off. A bit of a shame as I love when the skin caramelises.


STEP TWO ("There's so much we can do!" Ok I'm going to stop)
Pop the vegies into a roasting tray. Cover with a drizzle of olive oil, sea salt, cracked pepper and some freshly-chopped rosemary. Pop in the oven for about 30 mins. Walk away. (See, easy.)


STEP THREE ("It's just you and meeee..." Sorry couldn't help it)
Pop the vegies into a bowl or on a plate, then drizzle with a salad dressing (I used a mix of dijon mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper and olive oil - all shook up) and scatter with fresh parsley, sea salt and pepper.

Yum, yum and yum. And healthy to boot.

And for those who have no idea who or what NKOTB is, here's a flashback (go to 2:45). You could play this while you're chopping your vegies! Dance moves and bad fashion are optional.

No comments:

Post a Comment